Happy 2021! Wishing all of our students, staff, and families a safe, healthy, and happy new year. School starts back again on Monday Jan. 4, 2021. The hours continue as 8:15 – 2:17 daily for all of our students, grades K – 5.
Just a reminder that we are having an early dismissal for students on Thursday Nov. 19 at 11:17. Buses will run 3 hours earlier as well, so please make arrangements for students to be met at their bus stop 3 hours earlier than usual.
Early dismissal is happening because we are once again holding student goal setting conferences as the first term formal report. This is a very important part of the new curriculum, and since students are the center of the plan, please ensure your child is participating in the conference with you and their teacher.
Due to the pandemic, most conferences are being held virually, or by telephone. If you have informed your child’s teacher that this method is not possible for you, please attend the conference in person by wearing a mask/face covering, hand sanitizing at your child’s classroom door, and sign in with your child’s teacher. We will not be using the front door to access the school for goal setting conferences.
Thank you for participating in this important component of your child’s education!
Our “Return to School/Safety/Start Up Plan” is available by clicking the link below. We are excited to have all of our students and staff return to a safe, healthy, and happy building! Remember, school for grade 1 – 5 students starts on Thursday Sept 10 from 8:15 – 2:17, and for kindergarten students, there was a special letter emailed to parents that describes their gradual entry. Looking forward to seeing everybody soon!
SCHOOL BUS TRANSPORTATION DURING COVID-19
We are all doing our part to maintain safety during the COVID-19 pandemic and are looking forward to students being back in school. If your child will not be riding the bus, we ask that you call the Operations Department at 250-832-9415 or email email@example.com to advise as soon as possible. It is very important that all drivers have an up-to-date passenger list at all times.
Below are instructions for students to safely ride their school bus during COVID-19.
- Students who are sick, or showing symptoms of illness will need to be kept home. Students who develop symptoms while at school will not be permitted to return home on a school bus and should be picked up by a parent or guardian. We are not able to transport students who are ill or showing symptoms.
- Parents will be responsible for their child’s safety at the bus stop. Parents must remain with their child K-5 until the bus departs in the morning and then again meet their child at the bus in the afternoon.
- To ensure that your child is as safe as possible, please review safety procedures before riding the bus:
- Line up with limited contact when waiting for the school bus.
- Always follow the driver’s instructions.
- When loading onto the bus, go to the furthest available seat unless the driver instructs otherwise.
- When unloading the bus, wait until the seat in front has moved before you get up to go, ensure physical distancing is observed.
- When space is available students will be seated in the window seat away from the aisle.
- When possible bus routes will utilize a strict seating plan that reflects cohort and family groupings.
- No eating or drinking (except water) on the school bus.
- School Buses will not be accepting unregistered riders which includes after-school friends coming home with a bus student. Alternate transportation will need to be arranged in those cases.
- Students from grades 6-12 will be required to wear masks while riding the school bus as directed by the Ministry of Education.
- Your child will receive an updated ‘Procedure and Code of Conduct for Bus Students’ form from their bus driver. Please review front and back of form with your child and return the signed bottom portion to the bus driver as soon as possible.
In order to keep students and staff as safe as possible, we will require bus students to follow the above rules very closely to avoid the risk of losing their busing privileges. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping everyone safe.
**PLEASE NOTE: Your child’s school bus driver has the option to wear a surgical mask while driving their bus as well as a face shield/safety glasses when the bus is stopped, and although this has become normal practice for some, please prepare your child for this change in their bus driver’s attire.
As this is an ever changing environment, Ministry needs may change as the school year progresses.
Join us as we journey across Canada. Click here to enter your kilometres.