We are excited for the annual Unplug and Play events coming once again to our school and our school district – Jan 26 – Feb 2, 2019. These events are intended to encourage less screen time, and more time playing inside and outside, reading, interacting personally with others. Would you like to know hear some recommendations:
- Avoid screens for at least one hour before bedtime.
- For children younger than 2 years old, screen time is not recommended.
- Children aged 2 to 5 should limit their screen time to one hour per day.
- Maintain daily ‘screen free’ times, like family meals and book sharing.
- Be mindful that sedentary screen time should be kept to a minimum.
- Be aware of content and ensure screen use is supervised and age-appropriate. Our school is sending home the Unplug and Play Passports in the days ahead, and students will be encouraged to play along and participate as often as they can. On or before Feb. 8, students can return their completed passports to be entered in a draw to win prizes like books and games.